"This document's ImageKey xxxx is already associated with DocKey xxxx

Josiah

• IPRO Employee

I have come across this a few times when a client is attempting to do an overlay on existing documents. As you can see in the example image, I am doing an overlay, which you would expect the DocKeys to be the same. However, the true error is that the Load file for the BegDoc (ImageKey) doesn't match the exact Case that the existing BegDoc has. As you can see the overlayed begdoc is in all lowercase, but the original is in all Upper case. An easy fix is to open the load file in Notepad++ and do a find and replace and adjust the begdoc to match what is in the case database.

• IPRO Employee

I have come across this a few times when a client is attempting to do an overlay on existing documents. As you can see in the example image, I am doing an overlay, which you would expect the DocKeys to be the same. However, the true error is that the Load file for the BegDoc (ImageKey) doesn't match the exact Case that the existing BegDoc has. As you can see the overlayed begdoc is in all lowercase, but the original is in all Upper case. An easy fix is to open the load file in Notepad++ and do a find and replace and adjust the begdoc to match what is in the case database.

Capture.thumb.PNG.bcc07c05f5fc2c5cfd9970fe6c30929f.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

This also holds true for imagekeys that are not the first page of a document. Image keys are on a page level and they have to be unique across all images for all documents. For instance, if you have three docs with similar begdocs,

abc0001

abc0001.001

abc0001.002

the third begdoc could have an image key in the first doc with this value.

when numbering like this, you have to be aware of the image key values and make sure the page part of an image key is different in format than begdoc numbers. Use an _001 in such an instance.

typically, if I'm doing an overlay of existing docs with existing images, I delete the existing images from the docs being overlayed in order to avoid the issue.

if seen instances where both old and new image keys are kept in the document thereby causing a duplication of the images.

This also holds true for imagekeys that are not the first page of a document. Image keys are on a page level and they have to be unique across all images for all documents. For instance, if you have three docs with similar begdocs,

abc0001

abc0001.001

abc0001.002

the third begdoc could have an image key in the first doc with this value.

when numbering like this, you have to be aware of the image key values and make sure the page part of an image key is different in format than begdoc numbers. Use an _001 in such an instance.

typically, if I'm doing an overlay of existing docs with existing images, I delete the existing images from the docs being overlayed in order to avoid the issue.

if seen instances where both old and new image keys are kept in the document thereby causing a duplication of the images.

• 2 weeks later...
  • S.W.A.T. Engineer

I absolutely agree with Jeff -- in most circumstances, before overlaying images into a case, you should check to see if the documents in question already have images, and typically you will want to delete them. This will prevent situations where images are duplicated because of differences in page suffixes.

It is also a good idea to see if documents contain images already before submitting these documents for an Enterprise Imaging job. Because the image results returned from Enterprise Imaging are inserted into a case in the same manner as performing an import, documents which already contain images may receive duplicate pages as a result of the Enterprise Imaging job. You can either exclude these documents from your imaging set with a search condition, or delete all image pages from the documents in question via Eclipse Admin.

• S.W.A.T. Engineer

I absolutely agree with Jeff -- in most circumstances, before overlaying images into a case, you should check to see if the documents in question already have images, and typically you will want to delete them. This will prevent situations where images are duplicated because of differences in page suffixes.

It is also a good idea to see if documents contain images already before submitting these documents for an Enterprise Imaging job. Because the image results returned from Enterprise Imaging are inserted into a case in the same manner as performing an import, documents which already contain images may receive duplicate pages as a result of the Enterprise Imaging job. You can either exclude these documents from your imaging set with a search condition, or delete all image pages from the documents in question via Eclipse Admin.