Error when launching Controller and trying to save the environment name and ADD connection information: No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object of type

Michael Avakian

• S.W.A.T. Engineer

When launching the eCapture controller today I was faced with a dialog that was requesting my eCapture environment name, integration directory, and my ADD url. When I clicked save I was faced with a new error in the controller log:

No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object of type 'ErrorInfo' from content with media type 'text/html'. ---> System.Net.Http.UnsupportedMediaTypeException: No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object of type 'ErrorInfo' from content with media type 'text/html'.

I will paste the full stack trace below. The error was caused by the IP address of my authorization service machine changing. ADD Service was unable to connect to the authorization service and thus the error was thrown when I tried to launch the controller.

The Resolution:

In my environment, the solution was to update the IP address of the authorization service in the ADD database. Enterprise.ConfigurationSetting table. For other environments it may be as simple as making sure the authorization service is running and is hosting a valid authorization.

Full error stack trace:

2017-09-18 10:25:18,737 [1] WARN Ipro.eCapture.Api.Configuration - In VerifyNucleusConnectivity. Exception Detail: Nucleus.Domain.ErrorHandling.NucleusException: No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object of type 'ErrorInfo' from content with media type 'text/html'. ---> System.Net.Http.UnsupportedMediaTypeException: No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object of type 'ErrorInfo' from content with media type 'text/html'.

at System.Net.Http.HttpContentExtensions.ReadAsAsync[T](HttpContent content, Type type, IEnumerable`1 formatters, IFormatterLogger formatterLogger, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Nucleus.Gateway.Infrastructure.ErrorHandling.HttpMessageErrorHandler.<ThrowFailureException>d__a.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Nucleus.Gateway.Infrastructure.ErrorHandling.HttpMessageErrorHandler.<SendAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Nucleus.Gateway.ApplicationEnvironmentGateway.<GetApplicationEnvironmentById>d__12.MoveNext()

at Ipro.eCapture.Gateways.Gateways.ApplicationEnvironmentGateway.<GetNucleusApplicationEnvironmentById>d__9.MoveNext()

• S.W.A.T. Engineer

When launching the eCapture controller today I was faced with a dialog that was requesting my eCapture environment name, integration directory, and my ADD url. When I clicked save I was faced with a new error in the controller log:

No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object of type 'ErrorInfo' from content with media type 'text/html'. ---> System.Net.Http.UnsupportedMediaTypeException: No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object of type 'ErrorInfo' from content with media type 'text/html'.

I will paste the full stack trace below. The error was caused by the IP address of my authorization service machine changing. ADD Service was unable to connect to the authorization service and thus the error was thrown when I tried to launch the controller.

The Resolution:

In my environment, the solution was to update the IP address of the authorization service in the ADD database. Enterprise.ConfigurationSetting table. For other environments it may be as simple as making sure the authorization service is running and is hosting a valid authorization.

Full error stack trace:

2017-09-18 10:25:18,737 [1] WARN Ipro.eCapture.Api.Configuration - In VerifyNucleusConnectivity. Exception Detail: Nucleus.Domain.ErrorHandling.NucleusException: No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object of type 'ErrorInfo' from content with media type 'text/html'. ---> System.Net.Http.UnsupportedMediaTypeException: No MediaTypeFormatter is available to read an object of type 'ErrorInfo' from content with media type 'text/html'.

at System.Net.Http.HttpContentExtensions.ReadAsAsync[T](HttpContent content, Type type, IEnumerable`1 formatters, IFormatterLogger formatterLogger, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

at Nucleus.Gateway.Infrastructure.ErrorHandling.HttpMessageErrorHandler.<ThrowFailureException>d__a.MoveNext()

at Nucleus.Gateway.Infrastructure.ErrorHandling.HttpMessageErrorHandler.<SendAsync>d__0.MoveNext()

at Nucleus.Gateway.ApplicationEnvironmentGateway.<GetApplicationEnvironmentById>d__12.MoveNext()

at Ipro.eCapture.Gateways.Gateways.ApplicationEnvironmentGateway.<GetNucleusApplicationEnvironmentById>d__9.MoveNext()

Archived