Eclipse Crashes randomly

Guest Manuel Saico

Guest Manuel Saico

So I have a user that's been having eclipse crashing randomly and throws an error about Microsoft Net Frame work.

The error reads: Unhanded exception has occurred in a component in your application......

the last two lines read:

COM object that has been separated from its underlying RCW cannot be used.

the user has Framework's version 4.7.

Please let me know if there is something that I can do to resolve this issue.

Thanks All

Guest Manuel Saico

So I have a user that's been having eclipse crashing randomly and throws an error about Microsoft Net Frame work.

The error reads: Unhanded exception has occurred in a component in your application......

the last two lines read:

Thanks All

Guest Manuel Saico

the last two lines read:

Thanks All

98485083_EclilpseCrash.thumb.jpg.c798716950f3fafd1951f9bafcb3bcef.jpg

• S.W.A.T. Engineer

Hi Manuel,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this! This is a general .NET framework error, and we can help narrow down the possible cause.

First, can you please try a repair operation on the .NET framework for this machine? This often resolves the problem. You may need to repair the 4.7 framework as well as the 3.5.X framework, depending on your OS version. The link below is for Microsoft's .NET Repair Tool which may be helpful:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

If that doesn't resolve it, is Eclipse being presented through Citrix, or are the users accessing Eclipse by logging into an RDP session on a remote server (including via thin client)? Sometimes, these clients can interfere with the way the application is trying to draw content on the screen.

If the application isn't being presented in this manner, and the repair option does not resolve the issue, does the error occur for other users on the same machine? The preferred way to test this is to log in with a user who does not already have a local profile on the machine in question. There is a possibility that the .NET cache in the user's local profile may be corrupted, which can cause this issue.

Let us know if any of these help to resolve the issue!

• S.W.A.T. Engineer

Hi Manuel,

Thank you for reaching out to us on this! This is a general .NET framework error, and we can help narrow down the possible cause.

First, can you please try a repair operation on the .NET framework for this machine? This often resolves the problem. You may need to repair the 4.7 framework as well as the 3.5.X framework, depending on your OS version. The link below is for Microsoft's .NET Repair Tool which may be helpful:

If that doesn't resolve it, is Eclipse being presented through Citrix, or are the users accessing Eclipse by logging into an RDP session on a remote server (including via thin client)? Sometimes, these clients can interfere with the way the application is trying to draw content on the screen.

If the application isn't being presented in this manner, and the repair option does not resolve the issue, does the error occur for other users on the same machine? The preferred way to test this is to log in with a user who does not already have a local profile on the machine in question. There is a possibility that the .NET cache in the user's local profile may be corrupted, which can cause this issue.

• S.W.A.T. Engineer

Hi Manuel,