TimeCoder Pro FAQs

Michael Farris

How do I fund my TimeCoder Pro 6 account to utilize automated synchronization services?

You may fund your TimeCoder Pro 6 account by selecting "Fund Account" in your Administrator Console.

You can access the Administrator Console from within TimeCoder Pro by selecting "Login to TimeCoder Pro Administrator" from the "File": menu

When I choose to have Ipro synchronize my video depositions, how long will Ipro keep a copy in the event something happens to my files?

Ipro will retain a copy of your synchronized video deposition for three months from the time it is synchronized and sent to you. If you need a copy, contact our Litigation Support Services manager at 480-497-8595.

Sometimes TimeCoder Pro seems to run more slowly or has more errors than at other times – why is that?

The speed and accuracy of TimeCoder Pro is partially dependent upon the quality of the audio stream that it's evaluating. If the deposition being processed has excessive noise or was encoded on low quality equipment, TimeCoder Pro's evaluation becomes more complicated, which can affect speed and accuracy. In such instances, the problem is with the media.

Can I save my Transcripts to a network location to access them on another computer?

Within TimeCoder Pro, you can set the Digital Video Transcript Data Path (under the View\Options Menu) to any location that you want, including a Network data path. To use a location which already contains transcripts, enter the path containing the Timecoder.dat file into the data path.

What operating systems are supported by TimeCoder Pro?

TimeCoder Pro will work correctly with Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 or on a Mac using Bootcamp to run the listed Windows versions.

How do I fund my TimeCoder Pro 6 account to utilize automated synchronization services?

You may fund your TimeCoder Pro 6 account by selecting "Fund Account" in your Administrator Console.

You can access the Administrator Console from within TimeCoder Pro by selecting "Login to TimeCoder Pro Administrator" from the "File": menu

When I choose to have Ipro synchronize my video depositions, how long will Ipro keep a copy in the event something happens to my files?

Ipro will retain a copy of your synchronized video deposition for three months from the time it is synchronized and sent to you. If you need a copy, contact our Litigation Support Services manager at 480-497-8595.

Sometimes TimeCoder Pro seems to run more slowly or has more errors than at other times – why is that?

The speed and accuracy of TimeCoder Pro is partially dependent upon the quality of the audio stream that it's evaluating. If the deposition being processed has excessive noise or was encoded on low quality equipment, TimeCoder Pro's evaluation becomes more complicated, which can affect speed and accuracy. In such instances, the problem is with the media.

Can I save my Transcripts to a network location to access them on another computer?

Within TimeCoder Pro, you can set the Digital Video Transcript Data Path (under the View\Options Menu) to any location that you want, including a Network data path. To use a location which already contains transcripts, enter the path containing the Timecoder.dat file into the data path.

TimeCoder Pro will work correctly with Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 or on a Mac using Bootcamp to run the listed Windows versions.