DepoView for iPad Export FAQs

How can I include a DepoView for iPad file in my DepoView volume?

First, export your synchronized deposition to a DepoView Volume, then return to the File menu and select Export to -> DepoView for iPad.

When asked to select a transcript path and filename to export to, browse to your DepoView Volume root folder where the DepoView for Windows files are located (In the root folder you will see other folders named Exhibits, Import and Vendor).

Click Save, click Next and click Export. The DepoView for iPad file (*.dvi) file is added to the root folder of your DepoView Volume along with the autorun and *.dvt files.

How do I create export files for my clients to use in DepoView for iPad?

Use the menu option Export to DepoView for iPad in the latest version of TimeCoder Pro (6.8 or later).

When you select this export option, TimeCoder Pro creates a password protected and encrypted package in the form of a DVI file. This file includes the video in the correct format, the synchronized text and your vendor.dat file, which includes all of your company contact/logo information. If the customer doesn't need the synchronized video, they can load the XML file included in the basic import and work with the transcript only.

How much will I pay to export files to DepoView for iPad?

There is no charge for creating DepoView for iPad files if your deposition was synchronized using TimeCoder Pro. If the deposition was not synchronized using TimeCoder Pro, there is a $5.00 charge per transcript to export the synchronized video and text to the DepoView for iPad format. If you are charged for exports of files synchronized with TimeCoder Pro 5 or earlier, please contact technical support to request a credit.

First, export your synchronized deposition to a DepoView Volume, then return to the File menu and select Export to -> DepoView for iPad.

When asked to select a transcript path and filename to export to, browse to your DepoView Volume root folder where the DepoView for Windows files are located (In the root folder you will see other folders named Exhibits, Import and Vendor).

Click Save, click Next and click Export. The DepoView for iPad file (*.dvi) file is added to the root folder of your DepoView Volume along with the autorun and *.dvt files.

Use the menu option Export to DepoView for iPad in the latest version of TimeCoder Pro (6.8 or later).

When you select this export option, TimeCoder Pro creates a password protected and encrypted package in the form of a DVI file. This file includes the video in the correct format, the synchronized text and your vendor.dat file, which includes all of your company contact/logo information. If the customer doesn't need the synchronized video, they can load the XML file included in the basic import and work with the transcript only.

There is no charge for creating DepoView for iPad files if your deposition was synchronized using TimeCoder Pro. If the deposition was not synchronized using TimeCoder Pro, there is a $5.00 charge per transcript to export the synchronized video and text to the DepoView for iPad format. If you are charged for exports of files synchronized with TimeCoder Pro 5 or earlier, please contact technical support to request a credit.