Editing Visual Search in Advanced Search

Guest aembrey

Guest aembrey

Is it possible to edit a visual search in advanced search if the search is initially completed as a visual search? In the user guide, regarding Visual and Advanced Synchronization, it states that once a visual search as been built and saved, it can be opened in Advanced Search. I attempted this and received a "search conversion error."

If it is possible to edit the visual search, what additional modifications are necessary to the visual search before saving to make it compatible with Advanced Search.

Thank you.

Guest aembrey

Is it possible to edit a visual search in advanced search if the search is initially completed as a visual search? In the user guide, regarding Visual and Advanced Synchronization, it states that once a visual search as been built and saved, it can be opened in Advanced Search. I attempted this and received a "search conversion error."

If it is possible to edit the visual search, what additional modifications are necessary to the visual search before saving to make it compatible with Advanced Search.

Thank you.

Guest aembrey

Thank you.

• IPRO Employee

[uSER=920]aembrey[/uSER] ,

I looked through our Eclipse search guide (separate from the user guide) and found this line:

Visual and Advanced Search Synchronization

Once you have built and saved a visual search, you can open it in Advanced

Search and edit your search further. Once a visual search has been brought

into the Advanced Search page, it can no longer be edited in the Visual

Search page.

I tested this on my side, though, and received a search conversion error, perhaps the same one you did:

---------------------------

Search Conversion Error

Search is not currently compatible with Advanced Search

OK

Since it lists it as possible, at least one-sided, I'm going to do some additional research and will respond with an update.

Edited by Andrew C.

• IPRO Employee

I looked through our Eclipse search guide (separate from the user guide) and found this line:

Search page.

I tested this on my side, though, and received a search conversion error, perhaps the same one you did:

Search Conversion Error

OK

Since it lists it as possible, at least one-sided, I'm going to do some additional research and will respond with an update.

Edited by Andrew C.

• IPRO Employee

Search page.

Search Conversion Error

OK

Edited by Andrew C.

• IPRO Employee

[uSER=920]aembrey[/uSER],

I reviewed our user guides and best practice guides and did not find a specific answer related to your question/scenario. Most of the documentation I reviewed just covers the 'what' and 'how' to use the two search types, not the conversion in-between. As such, I've reached out to a developer for clarity.

Thanks for your patience!

• IPRO Employee

I reviewed our user guides and best practice guides and did not find a specific answer related to your question/scenario. Most of the documentation I reviewed just covers the 'what' and 'how' to use the two search types, not the conversion in-between. As such, I've reached out to a developer for clarity.

• IPRO Employee

• IPRO Employee

I have received a response from Development. Here are the parameters in which you can convert from a visual to an advanced search:

All of one type of operator 1 or 2 or 3 or 4

Any number of and operators ending with 1 not operator 1 and 2 and 3 not 4

Any number of or operators ending with any number of and operators ( 1 or 2 or 3 and 4 and 5)

Any thing starting with or and ending with all ands hen a not (1 or 2 or 3 and 4 and 5 not 6)

ANy search refrerncing a saved search that meets the above critieria BETWEEN searches

I hope this information helps!

• IPRO Employee

I have received a response from Development. Here are the parameters in which you can convert from a visual to an advanced search:

Any number of or operators ending with any number of and operators ( 1 or 2 or 3 and 4 and 5)

Any thing starting with or and ending with all ands hen a not (1 or 2 or 3 and 4 and 5 not 6)

ANy search refrerncing a saved search that meets the above critieria BETWEEN searches

• IPRO Employee