Move case from one Client ID to another?

LianneW

This is a manual process with considerations for a couple of items. Before performing the process, be aware that you cannot have duplicate case names, even when associated to a different Client ID. There is a workaround if you need to maintain the case name. Also, when you create a new client and move the case, if you have ingested natives or performed bulk tiffing, etc. you will have to use the Manage Volume Paths feature to update the paths to these files. It may be best to work through this process with a support tech to ensure this is successful as there are multiple steps that need to be performed to accomplish this. The most important step is to copy your case database folder to a safe area as you can then restore it if something goes wrong and it also will be used as part of the movement process to a new client.

By way of background our firm creates a Client ID for each lawyer. It is when a lawyer leaves or a file is transferred from one lawyer to another that I would want to move the case to an existing Client ID. For this reason it may be best to just leave the case where it is. I may reach out to support if the need arises to have the cases moved.

I