Path type not in data: Native Path

BAPease

I have received a production set with approximately 5,000 images, 500 native files, etc. I was provided a metadata.dat load file. After matching the fields, I go to the edit native path and get the above error without opportunity to edit. I scrolled through a number of records and finally came to a document which has a native file and in the Sample Data Header the field is called "Link". Any idea how I fix this?

• Cloud Solutions Architect

It appears that not all documents in your loadfile have a NATIVE file path for import. We would recommend first importing the .DAT file without mapping the native file. Once this import is completed, make a copy of the .DAT file and delete all of the rows for the documents in the beginning of the file that do not have a NATIVE file path populated until you hit a document that does. Be sure to maintain the column headers. Then save this modified .DAT file and perform an overlay of just the NATIVE file path. Using this new loadfile will allow the application to see a record that contains the NATIVE file path immediately without having to search or hunt down another sample record within the loadfile that has this path to map.

An alternative method for this issue would be to import the .DAT file as is, not updating the file path as it is not in the first few records. Once the import is complete, update the paths to the native using Manage Volume Paths in Case Administration. Locate the existing path in the Native field for a record with the native, then select the Bulk Update File Paths in Manage Volume Paths. Select Native File Paths for the Values to Update. You can then enter the existing path, to the top level folder, e.g. Vol001, and replace it with the new path, to same folder level, with the path on your system.