Ingesting Multi-Page PDFs - how to use page numbering suffix ie. .0001

Guest Dawn Kraychuk

Guest Dawn Kraychuk

How do you add a page number suffix to pdf images being ingested? I want to keep the Filename for BEGDOC (ie. GCS-0001), but I have tried both selecting and de-selecting Suffix Doc Pages but I can't get it to add a .0001 after the name for each page in the pdf. Instead, it just adds the next sequential number in the series - so a 2-page pdf would be GCS-0001 and GCS-0002 and of course, it errors out on the import of my actual file named GCS-0002 because that name was used by the second page of my previous pdf. Sorry if this sounds like a newbie question, but I'm pretty new to the iPro world and I haven't been able to locate the setting so far in Eclipse.

Hi Dawn - It sounds like you're using Ingest Images, correct? From the information you've provided, I don't see any setting that is incorrect. Just be sure that you've selected Use Filename as BEGDOC and also select Suffix Doc Pages. See the attached photo.

a9c28ce9a471a1aa7836a4c8c7b2a992.JPG.dd159e61ed895c6fa342da2f32838fb8.JPG

Guest Dawn Kraychuk
Hi Dawn - It sounds like you're using Ingest Images, correct? From the information you've provided, I don't see any setting that is incorrect. Just be sure that you've selected Use Filename as BEGDOC and also select Suffix Doc Pages. See the attached photo.

Thanks Lori, I must have been trying too hard - lol... I ran it again after you confirmed the settings and it worked perfectly! Thank you for your quick response :)

Guest Dawn Kraychuk

Just one note though, the page number only shows up as .02 and all the other ingested images we did before have .0002 - do you know where I can adjust that?