Pgcount field

Guest Dawn Kraychuk

Guest Dawn Kraychuk

Does anyone know how I can propagate the pgcount field with the number of pages associated with the document in that record?

Guest Dawn Kraychuk

I just ran the validate option and unfortunately, none of the new ingested images have the pgcount field updated. I've attached the error log file if you could please take a look and offer suggestions. I note in the error log that some of the previously ingested images (JRCC-000#) were not able to update as it says "it was not able to access the image file" (?), but it also does not state why the new ingested images (all begin GCS-000#) were not updated. They do not have the page count field updated, nor is there a log of why it didn't update.

20180511.txt

Guest Dawn Kraychuk
I just ran the validate option and unfortunately, none of the new ingested images have the pgcount field updated. I've attached the error log file if you could please take a look and offer suggestions. I note in the error log that some of the previously ingested images (JRCC-000#) were not able to update as it says "it was not able to access the image file" (?), but it also does not state why the new ingested images (all begin GCS-000#) were not updated. They do not have the page count field updated, nor is there a log of why it didn't update.

I just noticed that there is another field called Imagecnt that has the number of pages in it. I'm guessing that the Pgcount field that was in there was created by another source as a custom field. I also located the source of the error for the other images - they were not in the location that they were originally supposed to be. It's been corrected now.

FYI, going forward, you can have a field named pgcount but the field type needs to be Image_Cnt. When you create cases, if you do not select that field type for one of your fields, Eclipse SE will automatically create the field. I refer to it as a "system" field as that is the field the program uses for image page counts. In case creation, if you look at the field list in Step 2, Option 4, the "field types" listed must exist in every case, but your field label does not have to be the same.

Guest Dawn Kraychuk
FYI, going forward, you can have a field named pgcount but the field type needs to be Image_Cnt. When you create cases, if you do not select that field type for one of your fields, Eclipse SE will automatically create the field. I refer to it as a "system" field as that is the field the program uses for image page counts. In case creation, if you look at the field list in Step 2, Option 4, the "field types" listed must exist in every case, but your field label does not have to be the same.

Thank you for the tip!