Streaming OCR

Guest blinford

Guest blinford

Hi,

We are currently testing Streaming in our Dev environment, running 2017.4.0 (we have a request in to upgrade to the coming release once it is out) with 3 Streaming licenses. The current test I have running is setup to use a separate pool for OCR - we've configured this test to use 1 worker on the Streaming job, and 2 in the OCR pool. The Enterprise job was properly spawned, and the 2 workers in the OCR pool are properly OCRing records. I've noticed though, that every once in a while an OCR task appears in the main task pool which is then picked up by the Streaming worker. In almost every instance that this occurs, the worker begins erroring repeatedly with 'Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.DataExtractMetadataExtended', until it eventually goes nuclear and drops the task.

Is it standard for some OCR tasks to still be run on the Streaming workers even when OCR workers are selected to be used in a different pool? And if so, under what circumstances does this occur?

Thanks!

• Cloud Solutions Architect

Hi,

The error 'Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.DataExtractMetadataExtended' is not a normal or common status during OCR. Can you please include the full stack trace error logged by the worker in an email to support@iprotech.com so we can review the issue further? Thank you.

Guest blinford

Hi Barrett,

Thank you - ticket submitted!

As for my other question, however - when does Streaming decide to send an OCR task to a Streaming worker instead of sending it to the separate OCR pool?

Guest blinford

All set on that question as well, actually! Asked Tanner about this while discussing the ticket I submitted - they're just fail-over tasks running in traditional eCap OCR when Enterprise OCR fails.

Thank you.