How to Restart Multiple ecapture workers simultaneously?

Guest bcelio

Guest bcelio

Is there any function-ability or a way within Ipro ecapture controller where you can Restart all of our ecapture workers?. Basically all the workers have a status of inactive until I manually go onto each worker and reinitialize the ecapture worker application. Please advise of a automated way of doing this within IPRO. Thanks

• IPRO Employee

Hello Bcelio,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way through Ipro software to force a worker to auto-startup.

However, you can use the windows startup feature to add the worker's EXE to the startup list.

1) To open the “Startup� folder the easy way, just hit Windows+R to open the “Run� box, type “shell:startup,� and then press Enter.

2) Open another file explorer window and navigate to the following directory ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Ipro Tech\eCapture\Worker" Right click on the Worker.exe and select create shortcut. Then copy the shortcut

3) In the Startup folder paste the worker shortcut.

The next time you restart the worker machine and login as that user, it will auto-start the worker.

Guest bcelio

Jdudley - Ahh I see... I didnt see any option to automate that within IPRO so I thought I would ask... Thank you very much for your Reply and the other option to get the workers to autostart. thnks

Guest bcelio
Hello Bcelio,

Unfortunately, there isn't a way through Ipro software to force a worker to auto-startup.

However, you can use the windows startup feature to add the worker's EXE to the startup list.

1) To open the “Startup� folder the easy way, just hit Windows+R to open the “Run� box, type “shell:startup,� and then press Enter.

2) Open another file explorer window and navigate to the following directory ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Ipro Tech\eCapture\Worker" Right click on the Worker.exe and select create shortcut. Then copy the shortcut

3) In the Startup folder paste the worker shortcut.

The next time you restart the worker machine and login as that user, it will auto-start the worker.

Hey Jdudley - can I ask you something else with regard to the workers... Why is it that in the ecpature controller I see that Only 13 of our 30 workers are performing tasks. Why dont all the workers participate when there are still jobs to be picked up etc... The other workers are eligible and ready...