Ipro v2018.5.1 eCapture workers

Guest bcelio

Guest bcelio

So we are currently testing/evaluation ADD in our environment. Can someone help me understand why is it that we have 25 Ready/Eligible ecapture workers but only 13 of them are actually actively working on tasks. Why or how do I get the remaining workers to Participate in the active tasks. All 25 workers are all part of the same TASK Table (TaskList1)... Please advise... Is this a licensing thing... If so where do I look to see how many workers are licensed to actively participate in performing tasks etc... Thanks

Guest William Cherry

Hello BCelio,

There could be a few reasons that all the workers are not being utilized. The most likely reason would have to do with not having enough licenses to support the number of installed workers. There could some Queue Manager settings that need to be changed. It could be that you don't have enough tasks for all of the workers to work on. If you would like to trouble shoot that you could reach out to your contact in our professional services and then we can get a request from them to troubleshoot further.

Guest bcelio

Thank you William! So we are still finding our way around with the Ipro Test environment.. Where within Ipro configs does it tell us how many workers we have licensed for... Otherwise we will reach out to support... Thanks again for the Reply

• IPRO Employee

[uSER=1272]bcelio[/uSER]

I have checked the license count for your company and confirmed you have 50 eCapture worker licenses, 60 imaging worker licenses, 30 regular ocr licenses, and 30 multi-lingual ocr worker licenses. There are more licenses on your account, but these seemed to be the only one's relevant to your question/issue.

My colleague [uSER=918]William Cherry[/uSER] already highlighted a couple possible reasons why eCapture may not utilize all licenses, but I'd like to add one more reason. Sometimes it's as simple as the type of job being ran / task type eCapture is performing that limits the workers used. You can identify this if you go to the 'Queue Status Information' tab in the eCapture Controller when a job is running, and you'll see the task types with three designations beside them. Each designation has a value assigned to it:

Unrestricted (tasks of this type may be performed by any worker at any time)

Restricted (one task of this type at a time per worker)

Exclusive (only one of that type per Discovery Job, usually indexing)

This information is available in the 2018.5.1 eCapture user guide on pages 79-80.

I hope this information helps!