Ingesting .msg files - Eclipse not ingesting the .msg embedded attachments?

Charles

Go to solution Solved by Charles,

We received a number of .msg files and I ingested these natives.  However, .msg files contain verifiable embedded attachments in .doc and .pdf and other formats but I can't get to these attachments by clicking from within the ingested .msg files.  What extra step(s) do I need to take.  (I also bulk imaged the collection, but that probably has nothing to do with it).  The native file viewer when used on the .msg shows a "live" link to the attachment with a different color but nothing happens when I click on the link.  Ideally I would want the .doc and .pdf and other attachments to be processed just like they are natives.

• Solution

Solved this.  My error was to use the .msg file name as the Begdoc number.  A warning said that I should not do this but the warning is couched as archive files are not supported.  I guess an .msg file is a type of archive file (which I had thought of as .rar or .zip).  Upon redoing the ingestion of the .msg collection, the attachments are incorporated into the database.