Redacting field data when exporting DAT file

KTK

Is it possible to export a DAT file with information redacted from selected fields?  For example, a document's subject line is redacted, and that redaction will be maintained in the exported image and text files, but the recipient of the production also requires subject line metadata in the load file.  Any way to generate the DAT file with redacted content removed from the subject line field? 

• Technical Support Engineer

Dear KTK,

It is not possible to redact field data from an export set. Here is how I would approach this issue:

I would first make a new editable field in your review case using Eclipse Admin called "Redacted Subject" and make your normal subject field editable in Eclipse Admin's > Database Field's Field Security settings.

For any documents with redacted subjects, I would copy the subject data to the redacted subject field so you have that data still present on your side and delete the subject data value from the normal subject field or replace it with "-SUBJECT REDACTED-".

When you export your DAT file, only export the original subject field and do not export the redacted subject field.

This will allow you to provide the subject field in your production while also not providing redacted subject information.

Hope this helps,

Nick Hadder
Technical Support Engineer

• Like 1