Long Saves

John D

Question

Does anyone else run into an issue saving segments/clips/annotations/etc.  Anytime I try to save something I just have the Windows blue Wheel spinning while TD360 spends 30 seconds or more (much more) saving.  I hope there is a simple fix to this.

3 answers to this question

• Escalation Engineer

@John D
Thanks for using IPRO Community.  The segment/clip action you describe is just a database write so it shouldn't take very long.  Is your Network Data Store Path (NDS) located on your C Drive or is it pointing to an actual UNC Path?  (Begins with \\ such as...   " \\network\path\goes\here "   )  Mapped drives are not supported.

The Default Case Data Repository is C:\Cases\_TD360 Cases.

The Data Sync Options are greyed out and are set to a network path and syncing at 20 seconds.

I have confirmed that the case data - including the video - is saving in the Case Data Repository on the C drive.

I have confirmed that the database is saving into the C:\ProgramData\IproTech... folder.

• Escalation Engineer

@John D

Thanks for the updated information.  Our support team is coordinating with you in regards to a ticket that you submitted so we will be following up within that conversation. 

Reviewing our past tickets, the steps / information below may be helpful to users that are viewing this topic:

- Transcoding
Long Saves may occur if the source media/video is not transcoded.  If your source videos (raw or deposition video) has an MPG extension or is protected surveillance video, we would advise that you encode everything to Compliant MPEG-4 or MP4 extension.  Because video files are on the larger end of file-sizes, this takes awhile.  If you would like to contract out this service, please contact deposervices@iprotech.com .

- Antivirus / Security. 
TrialDirector 360 can be installed and deployed with AV/Security HOWEVER this will impact performance.  Some AV/Security can't be whitelisted properly or is aggressive on every system action.  In this scenario, the AV/Security would need to be completely uninstalled.  We've seen AV/Security presence interfere with record updating. 

- Citrix / Virtual Machines
John D has already indicated that Citrix or VM-Ware are not being used here but since it's been brought up, we've seen this get in the way.  It's also not supported so if your videos/saves aren't working or taking a long time, we suggest moving your install to physical hardware.  Citrix and VM-Ware, Virtual Machines (VM's) aren't supported to begin with.

- NDS Location over RDP. 
Working remotely?  If you launch TrialDirector 6 from your computer at home and remote into a network at your firm (where the NDS/Case data is located) then you are attempting to DataSync over the internet.  This isn't supported.  Recommended configuration is to remote into a computer at your firm that is on the same premises as your network / NDS.  This will ensure DataSyncing is happening over that Local Area Network only.

- Hardware Performance
TrialDirector 360 has a minimum and recommended configuration.  TrialDirector 360 will install on either, however, if you are taking the minimum hardware reqs to the courtroom, performance will be a big problem.  Users should have 4GB or better of Dedicated Video Card Memory (this is not the same as System Memory)  Please see the link below for more info:
https://myipro.iprotech.com/help/TrialDirector/Content/Product_Resources/System_Requirements_TD360.htm