Converting Summation Files to Eclipse SE

rskrabak

• IPRO Employee

I received this question from a client earlier today and was hoping someone could provide me a recommendation. "What is your recommendation for files already in Summation? Do you just get them to keep it in Summation until the case is completed, or do you convert them over? Most of my clients are keeping Summation for older files because the conversion isn’t always pretty (that’s what they said). If you recommend conversion, I would need information on converting summation files as well."

Hi Rebecca,

Ipro currently offers a Summation to Eclipse SE conversion utility. This utility will allow the documents as well as most of the workproduct to be migrated over from Summation. Alternatively, the client can export out all the documents along with a DII file. Post-export, the DII file can be converted to an Eclipse SE load file format and then imported to Eclipse SE. There are multiple methods to achieve this task but the bottom line is that it can be done and we are here to help.

• 4 months later...

I like the conversion tool, however, you do have to QC the documents reported as single pages. Summation does not force the user to itemize every single image key in a document. As such, there are times when a multipage tiff or multipage pdf is identified as a single page document. This is especially true when converting a DII instead of using the conversion module available in SE. Also, Transcript links need to be checked as well. I've seen issues where the document link is not maintained.

I like the conversion tool, however, you do have to QC the documents reported as single pages. Summation does not force the user to itemize every single image key in a document. As such, there are times when a multipage tiff or multipage pdf is identified as a single page document. This is especially true when converting a DII instead of using the conversion module available in SE. Also, Transcript links need to be checked as well. I've seen issues where the document link is not maintained.