Issue with connecting to Authorization Service hosted on another machine

Cody Luera

• IPRO Employee

When attempting to login to Suite, I receive an error stating:

Your current authorization is invalid! Please check your Configuration Settings! Unable to connect to 192.168.0.5:9800

Please note the IP address in the error may be different, depending on the IP of the machine hosting your Authorization Manager.

I ensured the service was running, but am still getting the error. What may be causing this error?

• IPRO Employee

When attempting to login to Suite, I receive an error stating:

Your current authorization is invalid! Please check your Configuration Settings! Unable to connect to 192.168.0.5:9800

Please note the IP address in the error may be different, depending on the IP of the machine hosting your Authorization Manager.

I ensured the service was running, but am still getting the error. What may be causing this error?

• IPRO Employee

Discovered the root of the problem. On the machine that is hosting the Authorization Manager, the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security is enabled. Since the machine requires that the firewall be enabled, I added 4 firewall rules. Otherwise, I would have disabled the firewall as well.

The rules are:

• Inbound TCP rule for port 9800 (which the authorization is hosted on)
  • Inbound UDP rule for port 9800
  • Outbound TCP rule for port 9800
  • Outbound UDP rule for port 9800

After these rules were set, I attempted login to the Suite again, and was successful!

• IPRO Employee

Discovered the root of the problem. On the machine that is hosting the Authorization Manager, the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security is enabled. Since the machine requires that the firewall be enabled, I added 4 firewall rules. Otherwise, I would have disabled the firewall as well.

The rules are:

• Inbound TCP rule for port 9800 (which the authorization is hosted on)
  • Inbound UDP rule for port 9800
  • Outbound TCP rule for port 9800
  • Outbound UDP rule for port 9800

After these rules were set, I attempted login to the Suite again, and was successful!