To enable queries on Startup OR to not enable queries on Startup

Sharmarke Afgab

From an operational perspective, the advantage of having an index enabled on startup is that it automatically will be ready for queries, categorization, and clustering shortly after CAAT restarts. The disadvantage of enabling is that the index will be eating up system RAM. In most cases, in your Task Manager you will see the LSIAPP.exe process consume RAM when CAAT is started Thus, rarely-used or obsolete indexes should probably have this setting turned off. A good rule of thumb is if a case has been inactive for a month, disable queries on startup.

From an operational perspective, the advantage of having an index enabled on startup is that it automatically will be ready for queries, categorization, and clustering shortly after CAAT restarts. The disadvantage of enabling is that the index will be eating up system RAM. In most cases, in your Task Manager you will see the LSIAPP.exe process consume RAM when CAAT is started Thus, rarely-used or obsolete indexes should probably have this setting turned off. A good rule of thumb is if a case has been inactive for a month, disable queries on startup.

• Moderators

The other thing I would say is if the index is only being used for Clustering, I would keep this turned off as well. The 'immediate access' pieces of the index are Concept Searching and Categorization. If those two are being used, then having the index enabled is recommended, but if you are just using the index on demand for creating clusters, enabling the index prior to cluster creation and disabling right after is a simple step that can save RAM on your server. Once a cluster is created, it doesn't require the index to be active in order for users to utilize it in Eclipse.

• Moderators

The other thing I would say is if the index is only being used for Clustering, I would keep this turned off as well. The 'immediate access' pieces of the index are Concept Searching and Categorization. If those two are being used, then having the index enabled is recommended, but if you are just using the index on demand for creating clusters, enabling the index prior to cluster creation and disabling right after is a simple step that can save RAM on your server. Once a cluster is created, it doesn't require the index to be active in order for users to utilize it in Eclipse.

• Moderators

• Moderators

• Moderators

• Moderators

• Moderators

Archived