Move an Existing Database from one install (firm) to another

JulieLaboe

Good morning! I have an existing case in SE that has been transferred to another firm. I need to make the SE installation at the new firm see the existing case. I did this a few years ago but cannot remember the steps. Please help :-)

Good morning! I have an existing case in SE that has been transferred to another firm. I need to make the SE installation at the new firm see the existing case. I did this a few years ago but cannot remember the steps. Please help :-)

• IPRO Employee

Julie,

In order to migrate the case successfully please use the following steps

1. Export a CSE from the original case

2. Create a new case in the new location using the previously exported CSE

3. After the case is created, delete the contents of the case directory

4. Copy the contents of the original case's case directory into the newly created case's case directory

5. Navigate to Case Tools -> Manage Volume Paths -> Bulk Update File Paths and perform a find and replace in order to correct the path for where the natives/images now reside

6. Open the case and ensure that everything functions as expected

• IPRO Employee

Julie,

4. Copy the contents of the original case's case directory into the newly created case's case directory

5. Navigate to Case Tools -> Manage Volume Paths -> Bulk Update File Paths and perform a find and replace in order to correct the path for where the natives/images now reside

• IPRO Employee

Julie,

Julie,

Thank you! I want to let others know that the step of deleting the contents of the new case directory and then copying the existing case files in is key. I was originally just having Windows Explorer overwrite files and SE was not seeing the database records. Deleting and then copying in the contents was key and worked like a charm.

Julie,

Thank you! I want to let others know that the step of deleting the contents of the new case directory and then copying the existing case files in is key. I was originally just having Windows Explorer overwrite files and SE was not seeing the database records. Deleting and then copying in the contents was key and worked like a charm.

Julie,

• 4 months later...