Ingested Documents don't stay in produced order

cgarzasadgs.com

• S.W.A.T. Engineer

If the File Name of the images are in the order in which they were produced, then selecting "Use filename as Begdoc" will keep them in the production order. If they are not in any particular order to begin with then a sort index can be created in Admin > Case Management > Indexes and leveraged to sort the documents in the desired order in Eclipse Desktop. Also, if these documents were previously produced then it is likely that a load file was provided. Loading the natives via load file will preserve the order as well.

Edited by Michael Avakian

• S.W.A.T. Engineer

If the File Name of the images are in the order in which they were produced, then selecting "Use filename as Begdoc" will keep them in the production order. If they are not in any particular order to begin with then a sort index can be created in Admin > Case Management > Indexes and leveraged to sort the documents in the desired order in Eclipse Desktop. Also, if these documents were previously produced then it is likely that a load file was provided. Loading the natives via load file will preserve the order as well.

• S.W.A.T. Engineer

I am not sure I understand or maybe I am not posing the question correctly. I have files provided by a client. They are in alphabetical order in windows however Eclipse sort alphabetical differently. Is there a way to keep the same sorting as windows? Windows Order: Consumer Notes 1, Consumer notes 3, Consumer Notes 11 VS Eclipse Order: Consumer Notes 1, Consumer Notes 11, Consumer Notes 3. These files need to be endorsed in the order provided to me by the client,

Thank you

I am not sure I understand or maybe I am not posing the question correctly. I have files provided by a client. They are in alphabetical order in windows however Eclipse sort alphabetical differently. Is there a way to keep the same sorting as windows? Windows Order: Consumer Notes 1, Consumer notes 3, Consumer Notes 11 VS Eclipse Order: Consumer Notes 1, Consumer Notes 11, Consumer Notes 3. These files need to be endorsed in the order provided to me by the client,

Thank you

Thank you

• S.W.A.T. Engineer

I better understand the problem now. The documents don't have zero padding for the numeric portion of the begdoc field. If you are able to add zero padding (ie. Consumer Notes 001, Consumer Notes 003, Consumer Notes 011) then the sorting on Begdoc will be correct. If adding zero padding is not feasible then you may be able to add a sort field in Eclipse and use that field to correctly sort the documents.

• S.W.A.T. Engineer

I better understand the problem now. The documents don't have zero padding for the numeric portion of the begdoc field. If you are able to add zero padding (ie. Consumer Notes 001, Consumer Notes 003, Consumer Notes 011) then the sorting on Begdoc will be correct. If adding zero padding is not feasible then you may be able to add a sort field in Eclipse and use that field to correctly sort the documents.

• S.W.A.T. Engineer

• 2 months later...