eScan-IT Email Profile

glenn.mcwilson

Using eScan-IT (v 3.2.14.31) on a Windows 10 machine doesn’t automatically create a generic email profile to prevent my name from printing at the top of each email being discovered electronically. When I attempt to add a blank email profile, it automatically assigns my name to it. Is there a way to prevent my name from being added at the top of each email?

Using eScan-IT (v 3.2.14.31) on a Windows 10 machine doesn’t automatically create a generic email profile to prevent my name from printing at the top of each email being discovered electronically. When I attempt to add a blank email profile, it automatically assigns my name to it. Is there a way to prevent my name from being added at the top of each email?

• Technical Support Engineer

Hello Glenn,

Yes their is a way to remove this after the ingestion, and to prevent it before the ingestion.

You will need to create a new, blank profile, that eScan-IT will use, that has no email address associated.

Navigate to Control Panel > Mail (32) > Show Profiles.

From this screen "Add..." a new profile.

Name the profile something different, such as EDD_PST, or eScan-IT, etc..

On the next screen select Cancel, then OK

Change the MAIL 32 option for "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use the profile:"

to "Prompt for a profile to be used".

Launch Outlook on this machine, and select the newly created profile name.

Click OK > NEXT >

Select "No" (to configure an email account) > NEXT

Check the "continue with no e-mail support." radial button, and then click "Finish"

You should be in a Blank looking outlook profile.

Close Outlook, Launch eScan-IT, and when using EDD, or Quick print, choose the newly created profile, when prompted.

This will ensure that your name is not displayed on the images when Processing.

In order to remove the name from files that already have been processed, do all the previous steps, but Reprocess any emails affected in QC, after the blank profile has be created.

You should see an outlook pop-up box appear that will ask for the profile.

It will prompt each time you choose to reprocess, but if you choose to reprocess the entire batch, it should only prompt you once.

Hello Glenn,

Yes their is a way to remove this after the ingestion, and to prevent it before the ingestion.

You will need to create a new, blank profile, that eScan-IT will use, that has no email address associated.

Change the MAIL 32 option for "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use the profile:"

Click OK > NEXT >

Check the "continue with no e-mail support." radial button, and then click "Finish"

Close Outlook, Launch eScan-IT, and when using EDD, or Quick print, choose the newly created profile, when prompted.

In order to remove the name from files that already have been processed, do all the previous steps, but Reprocess any emails affected in QC, after the blank profile has be created.

It will prompt each time you choose to reprocess, but if you choose to reprocess the entire batch, it should only prompt you once.

Hello Glenn,

Click OK > NEXT >

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the reply. These instructions are pretty similar to the initial instructions I found, however, in my environment it appears a user would need admin access over the machine in question (which I don't). Whenever, I create a new profile, my enterprise account immediately hooks itself into the new profile. Probably a control feature in Windows 10 or Office 2016. Either way, I think my answer is to put in a helpdesk ticket and hope our IT responds knowing what to do without too much trouble.

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the reply. These instructions are pretty similar to the initial instructions I found, however, in my environment it appears a user would need admin access over the machine in question (which I don't). Whenever, I create a new profile, my enterprise account immediately hooks itself into the new profile. Probably a control feature in Windows 10 or Office 2016. Either way, I think my answer is to put in a helpdesk ticket and hope our IT responds knowing what to do without too much trouble.

Hi Ryan,

• IPRO Employee

Additionally I wanted to add that Windows 10 support for eScan-IT was not added until the 2015.0.0 version and Microsoft Office 2016 support was just added in release 2017.0.2. I would recommend upgrading the to eScan-IT 2017.0.2 to be able use Windows 10 and Office 2016 successfully.

• IPRO Employee

Additionally I wanted to add that Windows 10 support for eScan-IT was not added until the 2015.0.0 version and Microsoft Office 2016 support was just added in release 2017.0.2. I would recommend upgrading the to eScan-IT 2017.0.2 to be able use Windows 10 and Office 2016 successfully.

• IPRO Employee