Eclipse SE Streaming Module Issue

cstephens

I encountered an issue related to the streaming module that I would like resolved.

I created a new case database back in March using version 2017.3.3. The first data set imported were just a few loose PDFs. I was using the 64 bit streaming ingestion on another case at the time so I just used the 32 bit ingestion on the loose PDF’s.

Yesterday I attempted to process 3 PST files into the database using the 64 bit streaming module. It would not allow me to use the 64 bit version. I called support and they informed me: “Per our product management team, if any data has been imported into a case, or if a case has had 32-bit ingestion performed at any point, that case will not be eligible for 64-bit ingestion.�

We often import load files (opposing production) while the case is active. Once I import a load file I am stuck using the 32 bit ingestion.

Ipro suggested that we create a second case to ingest into, then export the ingested data and import it to the existing case. This not only adds to the processing time, it creates waste in redundant data that my IT department will not be happy about.

I encountered an issue related to the streaming module that I would like resolved.

I created a new case database back in March using version 2017.3.3. The first data set imported were just a few loose PDFs. I was using the 64 bit streaming ingestion on another case at the time so I just used the 32 bit ingestion on the loose PDF’s.

Yesterday I attempted to process 3 PST files into the database using the 64 bit streaming module. It would not allow me to use the 64 bit version. I called support and they informed me: “Per our product management team, if any data has been imported into a case, or if a case has had 32-bit ingestion performed at any point, that case will not be eligible for 64-bit ingestion.�

We often import load files (opposing production) while the case is active. Once I import a load file I am stuck using the 32 bit ingestion.

Ipro suggested that we create a second case to ingest into, then export the ingested data and import it to the existing case. This not only adds to the processing time, it creates waste in redundant data that my IT department will not be happy about.

Archived