Multi-field sort layouts for endusers - Request for better flexibility

Suzanne Barbetta

EDIT: Subject should read multi-FIELD sort

In Summation, it was easy to save and retrieve layouts that everyone could see publicly with multiple sorts orders and print options. Any enduser could do this. I know endusers can create multi-field sorts in Eclipse SE, but it seems that in order for a specific layout and sort order to be saved for any user to acces Admin must be involved. Any plans to put this in the hands of basic endusers,? Or is there a way for endusers to do this now that we're not seeing?

Edited by Suzanne Barbetta

In Summation, it was easy to save and retrieve layouts that everyone could see publicly with multiple sorts orders and print options. Any enduser could do this. I know endusers can create multi-field sorts in Eclipse SE, but it seems that in order for a specific layout and sort order to be saved for any user to acces Admin must be involved. Any plans to put this in the hands of basic endusers,? Or is there a way for endusers to do this now that we're not seeing?

• 3 weeks later...
  • IPRO Employee

Hi Suzanne,

Aside from creating a multi-field sort index in Admin, the only other option would be to use the Advanced Sort option while in a search result tab.

Currently, the function to create a saved multi-field sort index only exists in Eclipse SE Admin > Case Management.

I have submitted a feature request from the Ipro Support portal, and sent it direct to your email.

-Cody

• IPRO Employee

Hi Suzanne,

Aside from creating a multi-field sort index in Admin, the only other option would be to use the Advanced Sort option while in a search result tab.

Currently, the function to create a saved multi-field sort index only exists in Eclipse SE Admin > Case Management.

I have submitted a feature request from the Ipro Support portal, and sent it direct to your email.

-Cody