Eclipse SE database archival - Best Practices?

Lori Bregenzer

I wonder if anyone could give me some ideas for workflow/best practices for the archival of Eclipse SE databases?

My initial thought is to use the Backup feature in Case Admin together with exporting out a CSE file. These files could then be copied to the archive drive (external hard drive, network share, etc.) Of course, we would also need to manually copy all of the Images, etc. that have been imported to the archive drive too.

Then, if we need to restore the database, all we should need to do is create a new case using the CSE file, copy the files back to the active data location, and use the Restore feature in Case Admin. Right?

Am I missing something here? Is there a better way to do this? Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I wonder if anyone could give me some ideas for workflow/best practices for the archival of Eclipse SE databases?

My initial thought is to use the Backup feature in Case Admin together with exporting out a CSE file. These files could then be copied to the archive drive (external hard drive, network share, etc.) Of course, we would also need to manually copy all of the Images, etc. that have been imported to the archive drive too.

Then, if we need to restore the database, all we should need to do is create a new case using the CSE file, copy the files back to the active data location, and use the Restore feature in Case Admin. Right?

Am I missing something here? Is there a better way to do this? Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Guest Joshua DeLapp

Hi Lori!

We actually have a video on the MyIpro site that covers performing a case back-up; this would be the same recommended process for archiving a case. You can access the video here (after logging into MyIpro): https://myipro.iprotech.com/ResourceCenter/#/Eclipse%20SE/Videos/Admin

That said, the process that you mentioned is exactly what we recommend. Use the Archive/Backup feature to back-up the case database itself, export out a CSE so you have the case definitions, and then back up the actual case documents.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Thanks,

Josh DeLapp

Technical Support Engineer

Guest Joshua DeLapp

Hi Lori!

We actually have a video on the MyIpro site that covers performing a case back-up; this would be the same recommended process for archiving a case. You can access the video here (after logging into MyIpro): https://myipro.iprotech.com/ResourceCenter/#/Eclipse%20SE/Videos/Admin

That said, the process that you mentioned is exactly what we recommend. Use the Archive/Backup feature to back-up the case database itself, export out a CSE so you have the case definitions, and then back up the actual case documents.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Thanks,

Josh DeLapp

Technical Support Engineer