Change Case name

mballestero

**Disclaimer, this is not a copy and paste type task. You will need to have experience with SQL and be able to read and understand the queries below. You will also have to modify the queries to match what is found in your database.

So you created a case and loaded in some data and notice that the case name is not correct. Here is the fix.

Log into SQL and locate your Nucleus database (Usually something like Ipro_Nucleus_2015)

Right click and select "New Query"

Let's first create a backup,

SELECT * 
INTO Enterprise.caseproductenvironment_BAK
FROM Enterprise.CaseProductEnvironment

Great! now lets get the Case Product Environment ID

SELECT * FROM Enterprise.CaseProductEnvironment WHERE ProductID = 3 AND Name like '%[b][i]Case name[/i][/b]%'

Now you can record the value form the CaseProductEnvironmentID (we will call this CPEID to save time going forward) column for the case which requires the name change, we will need this for our next step.

Now that we have a backup and the needed information is collected, let's make the update,

UPDATE Enterprise.CaseProductEnvironment
SET Name = '[i][b]New Name[/b][/i]' WHERE ProductID = 3 AND CaseProductEnvironmentID = [i][b]CPEID[/b][/i]

Perfect! Now if all went well, our case name is now updated.

**Disclaimer, this is not a copy and paste type task. You will need to have experience with SQL and be able to read and understand the queries below. You will also have to modify the queries to match what is found in your database.

So you created a case and loaded in some data and notice that the case name is not correct. Here is the fix.

Log into SQL and locate your Nucleus database (Usually something like Ipro_Nucleus_2015)

Right click and select "New Query"

Let's first create a backup,

SELECT * 
INTO Enterprise.caseproductenvironment_BAK
FROM Enterprise.CaseProductEnvironment

Great! now lets get the Case Product Environment ID

SELECT * FROM Enterprise.CaseProductEnvironment WHERE ProductID = 3 AND Name like '%[b][i]Case name[/i][/b]%'

Now you can record the value form the CaseProductEnvironmentID (we will call this CPEID to save time going forward) column for the case which requires the name change, we will need this for our next step.

Now that we have a backup and the needed information is collected, let's make the update,

UPDATE Enterprise.CaseProductEnvironment
SET Name = '[i][b]New Name[/b][/i]' WHERE ProductID = 3 AND CaseProductEnvironmentID = [i][b]CPEID[/b][/i]

Perfect! Now if all went well, our case name is now updated.

Archived